Whiskey 3 Chassis – KRG
The Whiskey-3 Chassis (W3C) (Generation V Chassis) Forend:
- Aluminum, designed for ergonomic feel.
- Threaded mounting holes at various positions, total of 15-18.
- Access hole for action mounting screw, so you can remove the action without removing forend.
- Ide mounting options for rail, flush mount QD sling plate, external QD cup, or NV mount on both sides of forend.
- V-bedding system which is CNC’d into aluminum for consistent contact between action and chassis.
- Hardened stainless steel recoil lug instead of aluminum ones found on stock T3’s.
- Rem 700 version can accommodate most large aftermarket recoil lugs like the Badger Ordnance lug without any or with only slight modification.
- Designed for 5 or 10 round AICS magazines (with or without front spacer plate in T3, with spacer plate only in Rem 700 unless you have a modified action; Sako M995 version uses AICS CIP length or regular length magnum magazines; Badger M2008 version uses AI AW 10 round double stack magazines ).
- Will accept any barrel contour up to 1.25” straight cylinder.
Trigger Guard/Mag catch:
- Similar in shape to TRG trigger guard but made of aluminum instead of Delrin.
- Will accept Barnard trigger for T3 as well as factory trigger.
- Remington 700 version will accept the new x-mark triggers and some aftermarket triggers but some aftermarket triggers may require modifications to the trigger or chassis.
- Mag catch is our popular Catch Extender which improves ergonomics and control.
Folding Mechanism (not applicable for fixed stock):
- Main latch uses proven tapered lever style lockup.
- Secondary latch locks buttstock in folded position.
- Spring loaded plungers lock automatically.
- Tapered design of primary latch allows tight lockup through wear of the system.
- Latch components made of hardened stainless steel and nitrided high strength chromoly steel.
- Infinitely adjustable within range (1” travel).
- Cheekpiece can be quickly removed and re-installed, uses a clamp and thumbscrew design.
- Includes a simple feature to make the cheekpiece return to the exact height you set it.
- Cheekpiece can be moved forward and backward with several mounting positions.
- Cheekpiece made of polymer to not transmit heat to or away from your face.
Length of Pull:
- Adjustable in ¼” increments with nearly 2” of adjustment range.
- LOP range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.8” to 15.4”.
- Uses cam lock and set screw to ensure a solid fit.
- CNC milled from billet aluminum.
- Entire buttstock assembly can be used on a TRG if you should desire.
- Moves vertically to any desired position within range.
- Locks in with set screw.
- Buttpad is Remington 700 pattern so user can install aftermarket pre-fit pads.
- Buttpad can tilt 15 degrees to each side (as if looking directly from the rear down the bore).
Mounting features for slings, monopods, etc:
- Buttstock has one built in ambidextrous QD sling mount point, and provisions for other mounting options. Folding stock has one additional QD mount point built in.
- Buttstock includes bag rider/butthook which can be replaced with included picatinny rail.
- Harris bipod stud included on forend.
- QD cups can be mounted on any number of positions on sides or bottom of forend.
- Large selection of accessories from sling mounts to tripod mounts.
- ALL STOCKS COMES WITH ONE EACH MOE L2 and L3 RAIL.
- All aluminum parts are hard anodized (Type III).
- All fasteners are stainless steel with black oxide coating.
- Steel parts are salt bath nitrided or stainless steel.
- Grip panels are injection molded reinforced polymer.
- Fixed version is about 4lbs 7oz without magazine.
- Folding version is about 4lbs 12oz without magazine.
- Black only.